Friday, January 7, 2011

Precious Assurance

Seas of sorrow, seas of trial
Bitterest anguish, fiercest pain
Rolling surges of temptation
Sweeping over heart and brain-
They shall never overflow us
For we know His word is true,
All His waves and all His billows
He will lead us safely THROUGH

Threatening breakers of destruction
Doubt's insidioius undertow
Shall not sink us, shall not drag us
Out to ocean depths of woe;
For His promise shall sustain us,
Praise the Lord, whose Word is true!
  We shall not go down, or under
For He saith, " Thou passest THROUGH."
                            Anne Johnson Flint

As you'd see this is not my thought nor the poem I wrote or I could write. My insight and faith hasn't yet gone to that width and depth for me to create a thought provoking and heart-drawing poem like this. So, I had to borrow it from my devotional Streams in the Desert to put it in a blog so that it could bless those who happens to read it.

Yes, I totally agree with the author of this poem in that when we're in Christ, however anguish and pain we suffer and doubts that threaten to blow our heads, we will not go down as sunken ship but we will pass THROUGH because He who promised that He'll never leave nor fail us will be with us in the storm. That is the Precious thought and the Good News to share with the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment