Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye, Bye 2010

Bye bye 2010
Time has come for us to let you go
2011 is waiting at the door
to be welcomed in with blasts of fireworks
and splash of hope for a bright New Year.

This year had been tough on many
for the nation's economy took a
downward spin and made most despair
Many lost their jobs
some lost their houses
some businesses merged
and some were forced to closed down

Yes, moneywise everyone felt the pinch
but on the bright side
it brought family support much stronger
it taught us not to see our identity in
job we do, house we own or money we posess
For all these things can be taken away from us
without any notice, and without our permission.

 Blessings do come in disguise at times
And what we see as loss, could be a blessing, who knows
2010 surely brought clarity and solidarity in many peoples lives
rather than prosperity and productivity we all longed for
This year , otherwise, had been a good year nationwide
No tsunamis, no hurricane and no fire or earquake to make us flee

Personally it had been a good year for me too
God blessed me to see my daughter graduate from college this year
And helped me to start a women's writers group and facilitate a Bible study
And getting into blogging, gave my creativity a boost too
 Also, my  work at office further strengthened my commitment and confidence
My health too didn't suffer much for me to complain.

So, as I sit here on the last morning of the year 2010
I thank the Lord for the lessons He had taught me  this year
and the closeness He had brought me towards Him and towards others
I thank for the opportunities He had given and new friends He had brought into my life
I thank Him for the love of my family and the health and safety He provided
 I thank Him for His  "Yes"s and "No" and "Wait"s
For if not for them, I wouldn't have learn to trust Him as He want me to do

So, bye bye 2010
You have been good to us in so many ways
We cannot blame you for the downspin of our economy
Nor for the disasters and damages done in this year
It's us and our doing
so depart from us with clear conscious
and worry no more what we think or talk about you
Good Bye 2010!
Good Bye and Bye!***

No comments:

Post a Comment