Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's Christmas, 2010

It's Christmas day, my Lord
It's Your birthday that we celebrate today
It's on this day, two thousand years ago
You were born in Bethlehem
Because there was no room in the inn
You had no place to sleep,
So, wrapped in swaddling clothes, You
the Son of God, the King of kings
layed in a manger with sweet smile on Your face
Shepherds came to see You by night
Wisemen from the East brought you gifts
Mary and Joseph, the most blessed parents
to be on earth watched you with care and love

Yes, it was two thousand years ago
You came on earth to save me and mankind
Let me not ever forget You on this blessed day
It's not about turkey
it's not about gifts or guests we've at home on this day
It's about You, it's should be always about You
The world which we live today
may want to rob You out of Christmas
it may push us to celebrate this day deleting Your name
Christmas without Christ, would be just 'mas
Yes, it would be surely a mess, this day without Christ
You came to save us from getting into a mess
So, why do we want to get back to mess, I don't understand.

On this day, as I celebrate Christmas with my family and relatives
I bow before You my Lord, for coming to earth to save us from sin
Angels had sung on sky to announce Your royal birth
Shepherds had seen God's glory shine on that starry night
Let me too see You  on this day in a glorious way
to love and worship You with joy and love in my heart
Come Jesus, Son of Almighty God
Come and abide in my heart forever
It's You, Christ Child I want to celebrate
It's to You, the Babe in the Manger,
I give myself as a gift on Your birthday.

Happy Birthday Jesus, God's only begotten Son
Glorious day this is for us, because You had come.
I praise and worship You on this Christmas morning
I rejoice and thank You for coming to us as God's precious Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment