Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Day.... Oh Happy Day!

Today turned out to be a very good and happy day for me. Or what else can I call it when I sat at my endochronologist room nervously waiting for  him to walk in at anytime with my blood reports. Soon,there walked in my doctor with his handsome face beaming and his mouth voicing, "I've great news and good news for you!" Oh, what a relief that was for me.

When he saw me last year, he was concerned about the rise in sugar level and was surprised that my family physician hadn't put me on medication for that.  He was certain that my blood sugar level would read much higher by the time he sees me in a year. His prediction got me worried as wel as mad at him for telling me so.  I left the room that day with the intention of changing to another endochronologist, but the year passed by quickly that I didn't even have time to think of finding another endochronologist.
So, today, when I walked into his office, I was expecting him to come with news I didn't want to hear. To my disbelief, when the doctor walked in and announced the good news that not only my sugar level has come down, but I wasn't going to be diabetic in the near future, tears misted my eyes.

 I was glad that his prediction last year hadn't turn out to be correct. Praise God, prayer does has power to bring down any stronghold, even bringing down doctor's prediction. Prayer works! No doubt about it.

The doctor wanted to know what I've been doing differently since he saw him last. I couldn't think of anything other than cutting down on sugar, adding bittermelon often into my diet, and of course praying. I was even bold enough to tell the doctor that I prayed a lot about it. I don't know what he thought about it, but I truly believed prayer played a major part in it for me to hear such good news.

Also, the day at work and home went well with no mishaps that I claim this day to be one of the happy days to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment