Sunday, November 27, 2011

Precious link to God-P-R-A-Y-E-R.

This morning when I woke up, it's still dark outside,but my bedside clock read 6.45  in bright red. Yes, it was another morning of hurried prayer uttered on knees, a quick shower and ten minutes dress up, devotional read, cereal instead of warm oatmeal with cinnamon and honey, grab the jacket and out the door. Yes, it was one of those late mornings you hate to get up to go to work. Worse, my hubby wanted to take a conference call and he needed to use the telephone on my desk. Result-I had to drag myself out of my bed to the dining table for my morning  devotions.

Let me not utter anything before I share what I read this morning from  my favorite devotional book Streams in  the Desert.  I want you to be blessed as I was when I read what prayer warriors like Andrew Muray and A.B. Simpson had told about Prayer.

"Do we know the power of our supernatural weapon? Do we dare to use it with the authority of faith that commands as well as asks? God baptizes us with holy audacity an ddivine confidence! He is not wanting great men, but He is wanting men who will dare to prove the greatness of their God. But God! But prayer!" A.B. Simpson

"Beware in your prayer, above everything, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things, above all that we ask or think. Each time you intercede, be quiet first and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, of how He deligts to hear Christ, of your place in Christ; and expect great things. "Andrew Murray.

Can I expect great things with my kind of hurried prayer? Does my prayer look like a supernatural weapon or has the holy audacity and divine confidence these men talk about. I say nay, nay, and nay with great conviction. Prayer has lost its' power in my hands, in my circle and in the church of today. Why? Because we've either become too busy working for God or too busy working for us.

O God, Awesome and Almighty One,
Help us to wake up and see You as You want us to see Your power and majesty. You've so much to give us but we are too blind to see the divine inheritance You're provided us. It's only a prayer away the key to victory abides and yet we are so ignorant and power deprived because of our prayerless or quick-fix prayer life. Help us to become prayer warriors like Andrew Murray , A.B. Simpson and others like them, so that this world could witness what a powerful and mighty God You are. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This is a wonderful post on prayer. Taking our time is important but breath prayers can be okay too as long as we don't breath prayer at all times.
    I selected you to receive a Liebster Award - a pay-it-forward type of award that gets people reading more blogs.
    Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete