Monday, October 6, 2014

Prayers with no asking



O God, my hope, my heavenly rest
   My all of happiness below
Grant my important request
   To me, to me, Thy goodness show;
Thy beatific face display
The brightness of eternal day.

Before my faith's enlightened eyes
   Make all Thy gracious goodness pass
Thy goodness is the sight I prize;
  O might I see Thy smiling face
Thy nature in my soul proclaim,
Reveal Thy love, Thy glorious name.

                             Charles Wesley




 Lord of all being, throned afar
Thy glory flames from sun and star
Center and soul of every sphere
Yet to each loving heart how near!

Lord of all life, below, above
Whose light is truth, whose warmth is love
Before thy ever-blazing throne
We ask no luster of our own.

                             Oliver Wendell Holmes




No comments:

Post a Comment