Saturday, June 2, 2012

He Knows.

I was in no mood to smile or laugh at my husband's joke when I got up from my bed this morning. Something was bothering me and I couldn't fathom what it was. Thinking that prayer and praise would uplift my spirit, I dragged myself to the place in our living room where I usually do my morning devotion. I didn't feel like kneeling down to pray or opening the Bible to read. So, I took out my devotional Prayer, Praises &Promises that was atop my Bible and flipped it open to a page randomly in the hope of finding something to cheer me up.

And, there before my eyes blinked the title He Knows in big bold letters. And the reading for the day was taken out from my favorite psalm 37. Because I just flipped open the book to a random page, the date on the devotional didn't correspond to the day I read it. But the scripture verses and the message looked as if it were perfectly chosen for me at that very moment.

Yes, He knows. That's for sure, I thought as I read through the passage. It didn't take too long for me to realize what was bothering me this morning. Only yesterday I had been watching the recorded program of Suze Orman's rules for financial wellness and her advice on how to  avoid financial pitfalls in today's economy crisis.

When I clicked the remote button off, and got up from my couch I had the satisfaction of having learned something on money matters. Little did I realize at that time how learning about investments and stacking for retirement would trigger my anxiety about our financial uncertainties on the unconscious level. Worry must have crept in while I was asleep,causing me to wake up this morning suliking.

Years back, I had been more of a worrier than a warrior.  Naturally when your better-half decide to give up a dependable salaried position and become an entrepreneur, when you're a stay at home mom taking care of two young kids, worry become your constant companion. 'What if's' question kept me awake at nights.

Thankfully, the faithfulness of loving God in those trying years made me to rely on God more and to fear less of the 'What if's?' Because fear and faith cannot co-exist, I opted to not to give into worry unnecessarily. It is never easy to give up on something you're accustomed to, but with prayer and practice, even worry could be overcomed. That doesn't guarantee a worry free life. It only means that I wasn't a chronic worrier I used to be. Bouts of worry shows up from time to time and this morning was one of such morning, I suppose.

However, I couldn't put my finger on it to say what was worrying me at that time. But He knew. Yes, God who knew me in my mother's womb, knows me too well after all these years too. It's amazing He seems to know more about me and my needs than I know about myself. Until I opened devotional to read, I had no clue what was bothering me. But God knew. How am I so sure. Otherwise, why should I randomly flip open to a page that stares back at me with the words, He Knows? Or read like punching lines at the end of the page as below?

" Take comfort in knowing that God is intimately aware of your needs. ..Do you have pressing needs? Leave them with Him. Trust Him to provide them and resist the urge to look ahead and worry. Concentrate on what God is doing for you today"

If I've the ears to hear God's audible voice, I would have definitely heard the same thing from Him. Instead, I heard Him speaking through the words of the author Warren W.Wiersbe in the devotional.

Being a writer myself, who had written a devotional column for some years, I'm humbled as well as overjoyed to know how God guide us to write the words in order to speak to those He choses to speak. Yes, He knows !***

No comments:

Post a Comment